First Steps: What can you do today?
Step 1: If you're comfortable to do so, share your pronouns online
- Add to your email signature (with a link to a resource page like this)
- Add to your Instagram or Social Media Bios
- Add to Zoom Calls
Step 2: Setting the space
- Share a safe space sign in your classroom
- Introduce yourself with your pronouns and take the time to (privately) learn student's pronouns
Step 3: Listen
- Be prepared so that when people are ready to share, you're there to listen! Always better to learn rather than assume
Step 4: Share!
- Share and support the work of transgender & non-binary artists. Program a piece by a trans composer, share a song by a non-binary singer, watch an LGBTQ+ documentary, read a research paper!